Our Topic… The Egyptians!

September 15, 2017

15.09.17

We have had a great start to Year 3!   🙂

I am so happy because:

• You work well together as a class
  • You are kind to each other (and to me!)
  • You impress me with your manners and listening skills
  •  You have hundreds (no), THOUSANDS (yes!) of amazing ideas and questions
  • You are excited and enthusiastic about learning!

Challenge 1

Write in the Comments section, at the bottom of this post, something you have seen at home that used INSTRUCTIONS

We have been looking at Instructions, this is a type of text (or even images) used to explain to the reader

WHAT to do and HOW to do something. You can find instructions everywhere! (Road signs, recipes, games)

What to do = the Imperative verb (chop, cut, twist, hold)

How to do it = the Adverb (slowly, carefully, gently, quickly)

I will make the first comment 🙂

Challenge 2

Look at the keyboard image above, click this link to see it clearly –

Hieroglyphic Typewriter

Look at the letters (keys) and figure out how to draw / spell your name in Egyptian writing (Heiroglyphics).

If you can, draw it out on paper and bring it in to share with the class 🙂

Have a great weekend year 3! From Miss Yiu

Entry Filed under: Art,Computing,D&T,English,History,Homework. Posted in  Art ,Computing ,D&T ,English ,History ,Homework Tags: , .

35 Comments Add your own

•    Miss Yiu  |  September 15th, 2017 at 4:16 pm     Reply

I looked at some instructions in a cookbook so I could make some healthy cookies!

•    Dennon  |  September 18th, 2017 at 5:39 pm     Reply

I read instructions to grow crystals and we’ve had a good three weeks and I like you Miss Yui I like you to miss Yui and miss birgin and Ill see you on Friday see you later good bye miss yiu bye now.

•    Ozzy  |  September 19th, 2017 at 5:47 pm     Reply

I made apple pie at my gran`s and I looked at the instructions and I love working with yui

•    Theo  |  September 19th, 2017 at 7:40 pm     Reply

I read instructions that came with my harmonica.

•    Lucy  |  September 25th, 2017 at 1:52 pm     Reply

I remember when i did this!

•    scarlett  |  September 25th, 2017 at 1:54 pm     Reply

I remember when i did this.

•    scarlett  |  September 25th, 2017 at 1:54 pm     Reply

I remember when i did this.

•    xander  |  September 25th, 2017 at 1:56 pm     Reply

wow that’s aammaazziinngg(alfie did this one)

•    alfie and fred  |  September 27th, 2017 at 2:56 pm     Reply

i love maths !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•    ava  |  September 27th, 2017 at 2:59 pm     Reply

I’m looking forward for a school trip.

•    alfie and fred  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:00 pm     Reply

I think Tutankhamun died in 1327BC.

•    benjamin  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:02 pm     Reply

I’m very excited about doing the stone age and about going to the museum.

•    Theo  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:03 pm     Reply

Tutenkhamun was 9 when he become a Pharoah.

•    alfie and fred  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:04 pm     Reply

I LOVE TTROCKSTAR

•    Jake  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:05 pm     Reply

I think that Tutankhamun ruled when he was 9.

•    kaizen  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:06 pm     Reply

My favourite is the comeputers and the ipads.

•    maia  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:08 pm     Reply

l love the Egyptians and learning .

•    Imaad Jacob  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:08 pm     Reply

I know Tutankahmun got put in a tomb.

I know king Tuts tomb was for his mum.

•    Jake  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:08 pm     Reply

cut carefully.

•    jude lucas  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:09 pm     Reply

tutankhamun was found in 1922 by Howerd Carter.

•    Bella Isabella  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:10 pm     Reply

We love Egyptians. Howard cater found Tutankhamuns tomb at the vali of the kings under ground.throu a door.

•    Tilly  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:11 pm     Reply

I have loved learning about the Egyptians.Did you know Tutancahmun got married when he was only 7 or 8.Oh and I want to find out more about mummification.

•    Tilly1  |  October 3rd, 2017 at 2:30 pm     Reply

My favourite nursery rhyme Is The Owl And The Pussy Cat by Edward Lear.Because It’s sweet and uses brilliant adjectives.I hope you read my comment Miss Yiu thank you.❤️‍

•    Tabby Poppy  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:11 pm     Reply

I’m exited for more dans because it has already bin great! and Egyptian school trips.

•    Max  |  September 27th, 2017 at 3:11 pm     Reply

I am enjoying Year 3 so far.My fave subject is:
    ART
    P.E
    TOPIC
    I love MISS YOU

•    Tabby  |  September 27th, 2017 at 6:20 pm     Reply

I’m so excited for tomorrow because it has been so much fun with miss Yiu and year 3 has been a lot of fun like year 2 and I’ve had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•    Ava L  |  October 1st, 2017 at 9:13 am     Reply

This is my favourite poem. I like it because it’s funny and I love toucans. It’s written by Jack Prelutsky.

Toucannery

Whatever one toucan can do is sooner done by toucans two
    And three toucans it’s very true can do much more than two can do

And toucans numbering two plus two can manage more than all the zoo can
    In fact there is no toucan who can do what four or three or two can.

•    Tilly1  |  October 3rd, 2017 at 2:30 pm     Reply

•    Ozzy  |  October 14th, 2017 at 11:33 am     Reply

Hi Miss Yiu I like the literacy we are doing.I love year 3.

•    Ava L  |  October 14th, 2017 at 12:49 pm     Reply

I went to Biddulph Grange (a National Trust property). It had an Egyptian garden.

•    matthew6b  |  October 19th, 2017 at 2:14 pm     Reply

That looks like fun press my name for a Egyptian true or false

•    Hariz 6b  |  October 19th, 2017 at 2:19 pm     Reply

I really liked using the Hieroglyphic typewriter because it is so simple to use unlike websites that just show you the alphabet and the Hieroglyphic alphabet .

•    kiarna6b  |  October 19th, 2017 at 2:20 pm     Reply

the hieroglyphic writre is amazing

•    ELLIE-rose  |  October 27th, 2017 at 5:25 pm     Reply

I love kindness it is very cool. I love what we have been learning
    about it is very cool to.

By ellie-rose